The Benefice of North Creake, South Creake with Waterden, Syderstone with Barmer, and Sculthorpe has adopted the Church of England’s ‘Promoting a Safer Church Policy’.
- We are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of everyone within our community. To be free to worship and participate in the life of the Church, people need to feel safe and included.
- Good safeguarding practice helps to ensure that everyone is welcome in a church community and shows how we value people and treat them with respect.
- We have committed ourselves to take all steps within our power to keep vulnerable people in our Church communities safe from harm and from abuse of trust.
We aim to:
- Promote a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Care pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Respond to those that may pose a present risk to others
If you have a safeguarding concern, please contact the following person within the Benefice:
Parish Safeguarding Officer, David Cubitt
07867 764436 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also report a concern direct to the Diocesan Safeguarding Team:
01603 882345 or email@example.com
Safeguarding information is available from the Diocese of Norwich website at https://www.dioceseofnorwich.org/safeguarding.